Saturday, September 27, 2008

Do blondes really have more fun?






Since it had been almost two weeks since my first chemo treatment, I decided I'd better go get my wig so that I was prepared when I started losing my hair. Cathy's Wig Boutique was the perfect place. Wow! Talk about so many wigs and fun styles. Rick, Lacey & I had fun picking out different ones to try on. I had never even ventured to think that I would do anything but blonde. As I was looking at the different styles the sales lady said, "Oh, and by the way, we have colors in every style so if you like the wig, try it on." I found a cute dark wig that had a style and length I liked so I picked that one, as well as a long one down to my waist since I had always wanted long hair from the time I was small. Then I also tried on several blonde ones. As I started trying them on I noticed that all the blonde ones seemed fake. It looked like I was definitely wearing a wig. Then when I tried on the dark one I loved it. I thought why not? I could do whatever I wanted. If I want to wear a dark wig what the heck, this was the time to do it. Besides all my family had dark hair and they looked so pretty! With Lacey there I felt more brave since she said that I looked really good in it. Another woman's opinion....that does it! I bought the dark one. Here are some pictures of the weird blonde one (Rick's favorite...sorry sweetie... I love you just not the wig) the long one and then the one I got. I guess I will find out if blondes really do have more fun!

4 comments:

sara and wade said...

i seriously had to check whose blog i was looking at because i didn't recognize you in the picture!! :) i love the wigs... and i do have to agree... the dark looks much better. blonde was a little dissappointing, but i still think we do have more fun... at least i do as a blonde! :) love ya and i hope you are feeling fabulous!

Angela said...

Mom, you're cute no matter what! We miss you!

Joey and Michelle Chandler Family said...

All I can say is, Sherri, you're a babe! You look so cute! I like the dark one you look so young and beautiful (but you always look beautiful)! I didn't know you had a blog until I saw your comment on Grandma and Grandpa's. Way to go! You're the first sister to enter the blogging world! It is so much fun! You're an amazing woman who we all look up to.

Karissa said...

Aunt Sherri!
I didn't know you guys had a blog until today! It's a fun way to stay in touch.
I think the brown one looks awesome - and in my humble opinion, brunettes have always had more fun... ;-) I love you!